My Personal Study Page and a FREEBIE Coloring Page for Scripture Journals
1 Nephi Chapter 18 Layout
I have a template called "My Personal Study" and it is for your chapters scripture journals. Here is an example of it that I used in my own journal:
"My Personal Study Of" template has the following categories:
- Quick plot summary- You describe what is going on in the chapter
- Word research- these are definitions or quotes that explain what a word means
- People and Locations- anytime a person or place is mentioned in the chapter I list them in this area and see what they have taught me
- Topics/ Gospel principles that need to be explored- these are topics mentioned in the chapters such as forgiveness, prayer, recognizing the spirit, obedience, commandments, etc. I list what I learned about that topic.
- Additional Scriptures and/or footnotes I looked up
Where it asks for other journal's page reference, it wants you to list any other journal where that particular topic is mentioned. Each of my journals has a volume number. My Chapters is Volume 1 and my Topics is Volume 2. Then each page has a page number in the corner. So I can easily list where to find something with the marking (volume:page number). So under this category, all these topics start out with the number 2, because they can all be found in more length in my second volume journal which is my topics journal. Then the following numbers are page numbers. Ex: in the picture of "Enduring Well" the other journal reference is listed as 2:101-102. That tells me that if I want to read more about what I learned about the topic Enduring Well, I would need to go to pages 101-102 of my Volume 2 journal. Does that make sense?
As part of my layout for 1 Nephi Chapter 18 I doodled a little picture representing the symbolism because I am a very visual learner and it helps it make more sense to me.
After I finished the doodle I colored it in with my watercolor colored pencils. It was so much fun to me. I guess I just love to color. I figured since I made it for myself I might as well put it on here for anyone else that might want it.
You can download the doodled black and white page to color and use as a quick glue in insert for your journal or Book of Mormon for FREE here. Note* I learned all this symbolism from the book, The Book of Mormon Made Easier by David J. Ridges.