My Favorite Journaling Supplies
Here is a list of my favorite supplies I use when journaling in scriptures and scripture journals (some are affiliate links, but they are products I already use):
JOURNALS: Any journal will work. But my personal favorite journals are the handmade coptic journals you can make yourself or purchase here. I like this style of journal because it lays flat when you are writing in it. It also has thicker pages since its created with a drawing pad. I like how it has over 100 pages so it lasts a long time.
WIDE MARGIN SCRIPTURES:
A New Approach to Studying the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ A.K.A "The Rosenvall". The Rosenvall is great because its very inexpensive so it is not as intimidating for beginners. I also paint the covers of these as one of the options in this collection.
- Deseret Book Wide Margin Scriptures
Deseret Book has lots of different options for their wide margin Book of Mormons. They are smaller. Some have lined margins. The inside text is exactly the same as a regular BOM.
PENS: You need a good ballpoint pen that won't bleed through pages, or leave puddles of ink that will smudge and make a mess. My favorite black pens to use in my journals are:
- Copic Multiliner Pens (size 0.1) - You can find these at Hobby Lobby or online. They are great black pens to use in your journals but even better in your scriptures.
- Gelly Roll Pens- I love to use these in my journals. There are many kinds. My all time favorites are their "Glaze" pens. They are awesome to use on top of acrylic paints.
- Staedtler Triplus Finalizer Markers. These are perfect for writing inside a journal, but don't use them in the thin pages of your scriptures, they will bleed through.
Uni-Ball UM 153 Signo Broad Point Gel Pen: This pen is great for writing on top of acrylic paint.
GESSO: Used for prepping your scripture pages for wet media like paint or heavy markers. It protects the pages from the pain bleeding through.
- Faber-Castell Gelatos Colors Set, Brights- These are great for starting out.
- Faber-Castell Gelatos Colors Set, Metallic- These leave a shimmer effect.