My Favorite Journaling Supplies
Here is a list of my favorite supplies I use when journaling in scriptures and scripture journals (some are affiliate links, but they are products I already use):
JOURNALS: Any journal will work. But my personal favorite journals are the handmade coptic journals you can make yourself. I like this style of journal because it lays flat when you are writing in it. It also has thicker pages since its created with a drawing pad. I like how it has over 100 pages so it lasts a long time.
WIDE MARGIN SCRIPTURES:
- Deseret Book Wide Margin Scriptures
Deseret Book has lots of different options for their wide margin Book of Mormons. They are smaller. Some have lined margins. The inside text is exactly the same as a regular BOM. I've decided out of all the kinds you can use, these books are my personal favorite. You get great quality at a great price.
PENS: You need a good ballpoint pen that won't bleed through pages, or leave puddles of ink that will smudge and make a mess. My favorite black pens to use in my journals are:
- Copic Multiliner Pens (size 0.1) - You can find these at Hobby Lobby or online. They are great black pens to use in your journals but even better in your scriptures.
- Gelly Roll Pens- I love to use these in my journals. There are many kinds. My all time favorites are their "Glaze" pens. They are awesome to use on top of acrylic paints.
- Staedtler Triplus Finalizer Markers. These are perfect for writing inside a journal, but don't use them in the thin pages of your scriptures, they will bleed through.
Uni-Ball UM 153 Signo Broad Point Gel Pen: This pen is great for writing on top of acrylic paint.
GESSO: Used for prepping your scripture pages for wet media like paint or heavy markers. It protects the pages from the pain bleeding through.
- Ranger Heat It Craft Tool- This is used to quickly dry your pages instead of having to wait for them to dry naturally.
Caran d'Ache Classic Neocolor II Water-Soluble Pastels, 15 Colors- These are my absolute favorite right now. So fun to use. They are crayons that turn into watercolors when water is added.
- Faber-Castell Gelatos Colors Set, Brights- These are great for starting out. But don't use pens on top of them or your pen will get ruined.
- Faber-Castell Gelatos Colors Set, Metallic- These leave a shimmer effect.
- White Sticker Paper- white will cover up words but works great in many scenarios.
- Clear Sticker Paper- clear is more expensive but allows you to see words underneath as long as the ink isn't too dark.